Besides promoting relaxation, yoga is a soothing, revitalizing exercise that can relieve stress, improve circulation, and aid in weight loss to help you feel and look like your best self.
Use Yoga for Detoxification and Revitalization
For starters, when yoga is practiced with regular aerobic exercise and a balanced diet, it can help you lose weight and improve daily energy levels. As an added byproduct, the simple flow of each yoga pose will help to boost circulation throughout the body so that essential nutrients are quickly delivered to cells. At the same time, this process will flush unhealthy toxins from the body.
The result? Your skin, hair, nails, and eyes may appear fresher and brighter. Adding yoga to your regular exercise routine can revive a dull complexion, promote healthy hair and nail growth, and help you to look years younger!
Yoga Can Reverse the Aging Process
Dr. Paul Galbraith, author of Reversing Aging, confirms that regularly practicing yoga will help you to live longer, by strengthening the brain, spine, glands, and internal organs. From head to toe, yoga will promote a healthy, strong body with a boosted immune system to naturally resist disease. On top of that, yoga postures provide a natural facelift by reversing the effects of gravity, to reduce visible facial wrinkles.
Anti-Aging Yoga Poses: Where to Begin
1. Half Spinal Twist: This posture is performed by placing one leg over the other bent knee and twisting the torso in the opposite direction. This pose will benefit the adrenal glands, kidneys, and liver to flush toxins from the body.
2. Fish Pose: This posture is performed by lying flat on your back on a yoga mat and raising your chest and shoulders to the ceiling. This pose will relieve stiffness in the neck and shoulders and improve spine flexibility to reduce the risk of injury, often associated with age.
3. Tree Pose: This posture is performed by placing one foot on the inner knee of the opposite leg and raising both hands above the head in a prayer position, while maintaining balance. This pose will strengthen the back, thighs, calves, and ankles while promoting flexibility in the hips. It also helps to improve concentration to keep the mind sharp.
4. Double Leg Raises: A double leg raise is performed by lying flat on your back on a yoga mat, lifting both legs together until they form a 90° angle with your hips and returning slowly to a starting position. This pose helps to strengthen the core and can reduce stubborn fat around the midsection.
5. Downward Dog: This pose is performed by forming an inverted V with your hands and feet flat on the yoga mat and your hips in the air. This pose can be used to defy gravity to smooth aging skin and reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles. This posture will also stimulate circulation throughout the body to improve energy levels, flush out toxins, and revive aging skin.
When these poses are practiced regularly as part of a balanced workout routine, you can relieve stress and improve the health of your body from head to toe. As an added bonus, the practice of yoga will stimulate circulation and decrease your blood pressure to reduce your risk of premature aging and countless diseases!
Galbraith, Paul. Reversing Ageing the Natural Way. Hammersmith, London: Thorsons, 1998. Print.