Making herbs a part of your daily life is one effective way to support immune health and total wellness
Herbal remedies have been used for centuries in ancient Chinese medicine. For those of us that would prefer a natural remedy to swallowing a prescription pill, herbs can be used to alleviate a number of ailments, treat physical symptoms, and protect your overall health.
Many herbs can be used as daily supplements to boost total wellness, while others can serve as natural remedies to provide relief for specific health conditions. To stop problems before they start, you can use these top 10 herbs today to benefit your health from head to toe:
1. Mahonia Grape Extract: This herb is best taken over the long-term to protect against sun damage and strengthen vision to slow down premature aging in the eyes. Mahonia Grape Extract can support retina health to keep vision strong and clear, regardless of your age.
2. Kava Kava: If you’re looking for natural calm, this herb can be used to ease anxiety since it binds to brain receptors to promote relaxation. Kava kava will support total wellness by making it easier to cope with outside stress that can often affect health negatively.
3. Ginseng: While ginseng is most well-known for improving memory and mental performance, research supports a wide range of added benefits, including lower cholesterol levels and a strengthened immune system.
4. Licorice: Licorice is a powerful herb with a multitude of health benefits, most often used to soothe digestion and alleviate gastrointestinal issues; it can be used to treat ulcers and acid reflux and even increase bile production.
5. Aloe: While aloe is often used topically to treat skin irritation, it can work as a powerful laxative when ingested to regulate digestion and treat chronic stomach issues.
6. Burdock: Cultures all over the world rely on this unique herb for its beautifying potential to treat surface skin problems, dandruff, and even hair loss.
7. Hawthorn: This herb provides a wide range of heart-healthy benefits to lower blood pressure, open up coronary arteries, and even slow a rapid heart rate. Optimal results are seen after six months of use as an herbal supplement.
8. Willow Bark: Willow bark is a great herb to have on hand for a number of trivial aches and pains since it is a component found in traditional aspirin. Instead of popping a pill for a headache, you can use this herb to restore health and treat minor illness.
9. Yarrow: This herb must be taken carefully and in moderation to avoid an overdose; nonetheless, taking yarrow as a supplement can help to ward off a cold or flu and even break a fever.
10. Dong Quai: For total wellness and hormone balancing, Dong Quai will do the trick. The plant has estrogenic properties that women can use to ease symptoms of PMS and balance hormone levels, although optimal results are often seen after a year of use.
Making herbs a part of your daily life is one effective way to support immune health and total wellness. Herbs can be taken in capsule form, in a tea, or even in a salve or poultice as an effective, natural remedy to heal what ails you.